Dance Floor Theory Leadership Training
“Turning APATHY into ACTION, and ACTION into LEADERS”
February 19th 2012
12:00noon - 6:00pm
In the Student Activities Center (SAC)
Lunch provided and a mid-day snack!
ALL students are welcome to register! (Limit 150)
$5.00 registration fee to go towards meals.
Registration closes December 9th!
Dance Floor Theory Overview: Just like on a dance floor, every community experiences varying levels of engagement between those fully involved (leaders) and those lurking on the edge (apathetic people). The same tactics to create successful social change on a dance floor (connections, relevancy, models of success, and motivation) also work to increase engagement within any community. DFT provides community leaders a new model for creating community, increasing member engagement, and fostering a culture of retention.
- Outlining a new framework for understanding community apathy and engagement.
- Unify stakeholders to view the problem and solution through the same prism and share a common language.
- Reference the hero’s journey as a framework for leadership development.
- Develop a tool to measure and track engagement within any group.
- Learn strategies on how to move past marketing as a way to increase event attendance.
- Identify action steps to increase engagement community wide and within smaller groups.
- Learn how to develop an engaging culture when there isn’t one.
- Develop skills on becoming a stronger leader.
- Commit to a developed set of engagement goals.
- Dance and have fun.
Intended Audience: DFT is intended as a training for your current leaders on how to turn community apathy into engagement.