- Plan academic and cultural/performing arts events throughout the year. Includes contract negotiations, publicity/promotions, travel arrangements and all aspects of program planning.
- Coordinate an educational program series with the College 101 program and Curriculum Committee.
- Coordinate special core curricular supplemental programs during the academic year.
- Coordinate and/or assist with Martin Luther King Jr. Week, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage Month, and other special programs.
- Main sponsor of the Enduring Questions Lecture Series.
- Community Relations - meet regularly with community leaders and residents to promote, enhance and nourish support of upcoming programs as well as "town/gown" relationships.
- Assist with the coordination of ushers for commencement exercises.
- ACES maintains collaborative relationships with the following offices: Multicultural Student Services, Campus Diversity Affairs, VOP Gospel Choir (Voices of Praise), POCU (People of Color United) and its member organizations, UNIDOS, Student Life, Student Activities and the Black Forum.