Course Assistant Program
Another resource for faculty engaged in service-learning is OCO's Service-Learning Course Assistant Program. The Service-Learning CA is a paid position in the office which was designed to provide logistical support to faculty. CA's facilitate communication between BW faculty and community organizations and help prepare and support students during their service-learning experience. Further, CA's work closely with OCO staff on service-learning initiatives.
- Identify community organizations as potential service-learning partners.
- Serve as a liaison to community organizations.
- Monitor student/community organization relationships.
- Assist with the evaluation of the service-learning experience.
- Familiarize students with possible community site placements.
- Help prepare students to engage in service experiences though orientations, class presentations and other trainings.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of reflection sessions when requested by faculty.