Resources for Student Success
The BW First-Year Experience (FYE) refers to the many resources available to our new undergraduate students enrolling in either the fall or spring terms. The information provided on this website and subsequent links will help new students with making an easy transition to life at Baldwin Wallace University.
The BW First-Year Experience focuses on the whole student, providing easy access to the academic, social, cultural, career, and emotional related campus resources that contribute to the success of First-Year students at BW.
BW provides New Students with:
- Variety of residence life options including living/learning communities.
- A comprehensive and very informative Summer Orientation and a Weekend of Welcome program provided to all new students the weekend before the fall term begins.
- First-Year Experience (COL 101) course designed to help you navigate and understand the college expectations essential to your success (offered only in the fall term).
- Access to student academic, career and personal services to transition to college life and ultimately accomplish your goals.
- Vibrant campus life that provides countless ways to get involved and meet and interact with other BW students, faculty and staff.
- One-on-one academic and career advising.