Public Relations Director
If you would like to apply for the Public Relations Director position, click here.
The Public Relations Director works with the Executive Producer to promote the television show. The Public Relations Director:
- promotes BuzzTV, both through on-campus and off-campus means, primarily print promotions
- provides assistance and support to producers and their staff in promoting their individual segments,
- issues periodic press releases to interested parties about goings-on on the show,
- produces PSAs to be broadcast on BuzzTV for community non-profits,
- advertises for, and organizes screenings and other PR events, and
- acts as Treasurer for the organization.
Courses in Public Relations such as CST 120 (Strategies in Public Relations), CST 410 (Persuasive Campaigns), and/or CST 415 (Studies in Public Relations) are recommended as a prerequisite course for those wishing to apply for the position. Please check with Molly Swiger (X 5910) if you have any questions about the nature of the position.