Required forms and instructions for all accepted Upward Bound students.
Students who are interested in participating in the Upward Bound Program must meet the following criteria:
- Must attend Glenville High School, John F. Kennedy High School, John Adams High School, or Washington Park High School.
- Must have at least a 2.0, preferably a 2.25 grade point average based on a 4.0 scale
- Must have the potential to enroll in college preparatory classes
- Must meet the federal criteria for first generation college student, which means that neither the parent(s) nor legal guardian(s) with whom the student resides has obtained a four-year degree
- Must meet federal criteria for low income
If you are still unclear about a potential candidate's eligibility please have them complete an Applicant Survey and return it to our offices.