We believe students with disabilities have the right to full and self-directed participation in post-secondary education. At the same time, however, students with disabilities have certain responsibilities regarding their educational experience at Baldwin Wallace. The student must:
- Disclose his/her disability to the Disability Specialist or Director of Disability Services
- Provide current documentation of the disability in a timely manner
- Request a Letters of Accommodation, or LOA. It may also be necessary to schedule an appointment with DSS to review, and/or modify accommodations.
- Meet with instructors at the beginning of each semester and to discuss your emailed LOA.
- If you receive accommodated testing, you must submit a test request in a timely manner. Please see the accommodated testing information. It is the student's responsibility to make such arrangements with both his/her instructors and the DSS office.
- Contact DSS in a timely manner if adjustments or modifications of accommodations are needed.
- Maintain the same academic standards required of all Baldwin Wallace University students.
- Abide by the Baldwin Wallace University Student Judicial Code on matters such as academic honesty and behavior.