Faculty are integral to providing academic accommodations to students with disabilities. As such, we have a university responsibility in support of students with diagnosed disabilities that are connected with Disability Services for Students.
Faculty Responsibilities Include:
- Support DSS in providing appropriate academic accommodations as outlined in the Letter of Accommodation or LOA.
- Refer students who disclose a disability so they can get connected with our office and benefit from academic accommodations.
- Include the DSS statement in your course syllabi
- Contact DSS if you have questions about academic accommodations outlined in the LOA.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding the student or their disability.