Erin Kelley, Disability Specialist
Hours: M - F 8:30 - 5:00
Location: Ritter Library, 2nd Floor
Phone: (440) 826-2147
Confidential Fax: (440) 826-3832
Preparing for Post-Secondary Education is a document created by the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) that details the differences between accommodations in high school and those at post-secondary institutions.
Open Letter from Jane Jarrow
Dr. Jane Jarrow, a Disability Services expert, shares her insight and concerns as her daughter prepares to enter college.
Great Apps for iPad, iPod and Android
This resource provides a variety of applications to help college students with time management, information processing and organization, etc.
Disability Services for Students
Welcome to Baldwin Wallace University!
Mission: The Mission of Disability Services for Students (DSS) is to create usable, equitable, inclusive learning environments for qualified students with disabilities by ensuring equal access to all University programs, services and activities. DSS is committed to working with students, faculty and staff in the development and implementation of appropriate accommodations while maintaining the academic standards and course integrity of Baldwin Wallace University.
Vision: Our Vision is to enhance services for students with disabilities through information dissemination, awareness training and professional development of faculty and staff while providing academic adjustments and promoting self-determination and independence.
- Belief in the potential of every student
- Foster a safe environment that allows for easy access to resources
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistent, streamlined, transparent and disseminated to the campus community
- Serve as an advocate for issues regarding students with disabilities
- Ensure equal access to education at Baldwin Wallace
- Collaborate and consult with faculty and staff regarding academic accommodations, compliance with legal responsibilities regarding instructional, curricular and programmatic modifications
- Provide disability awareness training, programming and staff development to foster an understanding of policies, practices and procedures regarding students with disabilities