Check out what our 2013 Summer Scholars did last summer!
URCS Summer Scholars Program
Summer Scholars Program Description
Summer Scholar is a 10-week program that provides a funded opportunity for a Baldwin Wallace University students to pursue a research or creative project of their own design under the supervision of a faculty mentor. This program is available to students pursuing any major offered at BW. Summer Scholars are awarded $3500, free summer housing and weekly lunches. Faculty mentors receive a $1200 stipend and participate in our community of scholars lunches. Up to $500 is allotted to pay for project supplies, services, or travel in direct support of the project.
Summer Scholar Program requirements
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00
- Must have earned 45 hours of academic credit at the time of application.
- Scholars must be returning BW students Fall 2014
- Research proposals are due in January and are reviewed by a faculty committee
- Students must agree to full-time participation (a minimum of 40 hours per week)
- Applications are initiated by BW students by completing the student application. Each application is endorsed by a BW faculty member who agrees to serve as the mentor for the proposed project. The faculty member must complete a faculty recommendation for the student application to be considered.
Please click here to for the Information Session Powerpoint Presentation
Summer Scholar APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Complete the proposal outline and save as a word document.
- Students: Click here to complete information form, attach your proposal outline and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the program
- Faculty: Click here to complete the faculty recommendation form and check the box to agree to the terms and conditions of the program.
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application.