URCS Summer Scholars Program
The Summer Scholar Program is a 10-week program that provides a funded opportunity for a Baldwin Wallace University students to pursue a project of their own design in order to learn the process of research and scholarship under the supervision of a faculty member. This program is available to students pursuing any major offered at BW. A Summer Scholar Program award of $3500 is offered to each student and faculty mentors receive a $1200 stipend. Up to $500 is allotted to pay for project supplies, services, or travel in direct support of the project. Students live in free housing in the Summer Scholars House.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.00
- Open to student with freshmen, sophomore or junior status
- Research proposals are due in January and are reviewed by a faculty committee
- Students must agree to full-time participation (a minimum of 40 hours per week)
- Applications are initiated by BW students by completing the student application. Each application is endorsed by a BW faculty member who agrees to serve as the mentor for the proposed project. The faculty member must complete a faculty recommendation for the student application to be considered.
Application instructions and a proposal outline can be found here.
Applications forms may be found here.
Faculty recommendation forms may be found here.