IV. Maximizing the Student Experience
A. To reinforce a "culture of engagement" at BW in which all students will be encouraged to engage in student organizations, campus services and on and off campus programs that are purposeful, life enriching and career enhancing.
- Offer a specialized training program for first-year area residence life staff, student organization advisors and mentors which will focus on effective tools to motivate student participation in enrichment activities offered throughout campus and will assist students in the completion of their action plan.
- Review the structure, content and delivery of College 101 by December 1, 2010.
- By December 1, 2010, determine a common means for all first-year students to learn the value and use of the BW Action Plan as a planning tool, to be implemented for class entering fall 2011.
- Develop an assessment plan by the end of fall 2010 semester which outlines activities dedicated to evaluating outcomes of student engagement activities. The plan should build on NSSE, the Small College Survey and other diagnostic information and be targeted to first year efforts.
- Identify a marketable theme and outline a progression of skill-building activities culminating in leadership achievement levels that carry with them attractive incentives for student involvement by December 1, 2010.
- Develop and pilot a developmental advising collaboration with select academic departments that focuses on curricular and co-curricular student engagement.