I. Recruitment of Students
A. To recruit a diverse, traditional student body with a first-year class size of 725-740 students.
- Increase diversity enrollment in the incoming class by 1% in each of the next five years by building on current relationships with Cleveland area schools, community colleges and community organizations (Benchmark Year: 2008).
- Increase selectivity of first-year admission (% of applicants who are admitted) by increasing the applicant pool to 3,700 students by 2011.
- Increase out-of-state enrollment by 1% in each of the next five years. (Benchmark Year: 2008)
B. To recruit new undergraduate part-time and adult learners to achieve overall enrollments of 515 for fall 2010, 525 for fall 2011 and 535 for fall 2012.
- Continue to develop partnerships with local businesses and organizations that enhance student recruitment.
- Develop creative financing options to help part-time and adult students pay for their education.
- Continue to strengthen partnerships with local community colleges in ways that enhance student recruitment and promote mutually beneficial collaborations.
- To use the market research on adult learners to inform programming offered through Adult and Continuing Education in order to enhance the recruitment of adult learners.
- To continue to make strategic use of the BW East location to increase enrollment
- Continue to investigate and pursue new populations of students including veterans and health care workers.
C. To recruit an incoming traditional-age cohort of 150 undergraduate transfer students by 2010-11.
D. To recruit an incoming class of 190 graduate business students by 2010-11.
E. To recruit a total incoming class of 75 graduate education students for fall 2011.