Celebrating Philanthropy: Arline Kadel '36
The Kadel Family Vocal Music Hall was given by Arline E. Kadel, Class of 1936 Bachelor of Music Education, to honor the memory of her parents, Peter and Mattie, and her sister, Helen.
The Kadel Family was committed to the pursuit of excellence; a concept that was manifested in their family pharmacy on Clevelandís near west side as well as their devotion to education and the fine arts.
As a student, Arline Kadel sang in the choir for the first four years at Baldwin Wallace in what would become the nationís oldest collegiate Bach Festival. Upon graduation, she continued to share her love of choral music as a music teacher in the Cleveland Public Schools. She holds a special place for her role as a passionate supporter of the Conservatory and lifelong patron of the Bach Festival.