Financial Aid

Value = Quality + Affordability

Financial Aid for Degreed and Graduate Students

Click here for a helpful guide regarding financial aid for graduate students.

The financial aid application at Baldwin Wallace University consists of the following:   

Students who have already received a Bachelor's degree are usually eligible to borrow a Federal Direct Loan to help cover the cost of their education.  Once the financial aid application is complete, the eligibility for Federal Direct Loan funds will be calculated. Grant assistance from the federal/state governments and Baldwin Wallace University are not available for degreed/graduate students. Additional information regarding Federal Direct Loans is listed below:

Types of Direct Loans

The Unsubsidized  Stafford loan is available to students regardless of financial need. Interest begins to accrue on the loan from the date of disbursement (i.e., while the student is enrolled). Students may make payments on this interest as it accrues, or they may defer until after their enrollment ends. In either case, repayment on the loan (principle and interest) will begin six months after the student's half time enrollment status ends.

Maximum Loan Amounts    

Graduate students  can borrow up to $20,500 in Direct Student loans per academic year.

Students doing only undergraduate coursework  have a maximum eligibility of $12,500 per academic year; up to $5,500 of these loan funds can be subsidized. Note : Students should be aware that these are maximum amounts and each student's amount may vary, depending on his/her need and/or cost of education.

Registration Requirements
To qualify for a Stafford loan, a student must be enrolled at least half time.  For graduate students (M.B.A., M.A. in Ed, and License+Master's Program students), this equates to at least 3 credit hours per term.  For undergraduate students (teaching licensure students and students earning a second bachelor's degree), this equates to at least 6 credit hours per term.  Also, a student must be registered half time by the end of the first week of the term AND on the date of disbursement in order to be eligible for Stafford loans.

Disbursement Information 
Federal Direct loan funds will be distributed evenly among the student's half time semesters in the given academic year and will be disbursed electronically at the beginning of each term directly into the student's billing account at BW.  (Note: If a student is only attending one semester in an academic year, the loan funds are split into two equal disbursements - one to be disbursed at the beginning of the term and the other in the middle of the term.) For the most current information on interest rates and fees, please visit the Department of Education's web site:

Federal Graduate and Professional Student PLUS Loans
Graduate and professional students will be able to finance the remaining cost of their education through the new Federal Graduate and Professional Student PLUS Loan Program.  This web page provides the latest guidelines through the U.S. Department of Education.

 Phone :  440-826-2108                                Fax: 440-826-8048                  Email:

Share |