The Financial Aid Office (FAO) is often notified of scholarship opportunities outside of the BW community. As we become aware of these opportunities, we will update the list below.
- New and returning students are encouraged to complete the Scholarship & Special Award Application found on our forms page. (Be sure to use the correct one for the appropriate academic year.)
- If you are an incoming freshman, be sure to check with your high school guidance office, as they may be aware of opportunities.
- All students are encouraged to check with family members as their employers or membership organizations may provide scholarship opportunities.
In addition to the individual scholarship opportunities listed below, there are a number of websites that offer free scholarship database searches. These resources are listed for your benefit. You should check each one thoroughly before providing any personal information.
- Scholarlink (database search) from The Columbus Foundation (Ohio-based scholarships)
- Minority Students: A Guide to College Affordability
- FastWeb (click here for TIPS for maximizing FastWeb)
- Top Ten Myths About Scholarships
- College Resource Network (free scholarship search engine and college planning website)
- While there are plenty of free resources available to students for free, some do require a fee. These types of resources may be scams. Before paying for anything related to scholarships, find out if they are legitimate. Additional scholarship search tips can be found here.
Outside scholarship policy:
Federal regulations require you to report any outside scholarship you receive to the FAO. We will apply your outside scholarship to your unmet need first by reducing Parent PLUS Loans or alternative loan eligibility. When necessary, we will reduce self-help portions of your financial aid package (Stafford loans, federal work-study) rather than reducing grants or other scholarships. In rare cases, some grants and scholarships may be reduced if the amount of an outside scholarship is such that all self-help aid has been eliminated from a student's financial aid package.
Outside scholarships are credited to your account after the FAO receives the funds, processes a revised Award Letter for you, and forwards the funds to the Cashier's Office. They are included in your financial aid reward on a "hold" status but will not help reduce the amount of your bill with the Cashier's Office until they have been received and processed.
Scholarships are listed by application deadline date, with the most immediate deadlines listed first. Please note: since these opportunities are outside of BW, eligibility requirements and application deadlines may change without our knowledge. We are providing this information as a courtesy to you.
**Please check back often. We will update this page as new scholarship opportunities become available.** Scholarships are listed in order of earliest deadline date. Be sure to check the end of the table for scholarships without deadlines!
Name of Scholarship
|Excellence in Print & Design Marketing Scholarship||11/30 annually||Graphic Arts & Design or a related field|
|Giva Student Scholarship||12/1 annually|
|Scholarship for Science Majors||7/10/15|
|High School Achievement Scholarship||7/15/15||Applicant must display high achievements in grades and extracurricular activities during their senior year in high school.|
|Medical Student/Field Scholarship||7/15/15||Essay question|
|Social Confidence Scholarship||7/15/15||Essay question (3 choices)|
|College Book Scholarships||7/15/15|
|A Better Chicago Scholarship||8/1/15||essay about Chicago|
|Growing Up With Glasses Scholarship||8/1/15||poetry contest|
|U.S. Bank Scholarship Program||9/17/15||Applicants must be a high school senior or current undergraduate college student enrolled by September 1, 2015|
|Customer Engagement-Focused Marketing Scholarship||10/1/15||Applicant must be an Undergraduate or Graduate School Education (MBA/LAW/Ph.D). Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.|
|2015 Clark Scholarship||12/15/15||essay|
|Healthcare/Life Sciences Scholarship||12/31/15||essay|
|A Better America Scholarship||12/31/15||essay|
|Quarterly Business Plan Contest||ongoing|
|Scholarships and Competitions||ongoing||various design competitions|
|Campus Explorer scholarships||ongoing|
|Cuyahoga County Educational Assistance Program||30-60 days before semester||Applicant must be a resident of Cuyahoga County and at least (18) years of age.|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund - College Student
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund - Community College Transfer Student
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund - High School Student
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund- Gates Millenium Scholars
|Kids' Chance of Ohio||no deadline|
|Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund
|The United Methodist Church - General Board of Higher Education and Ministry||varied|
|Northeast Ohio Education Scholarship||n/a||Available to spouse/children of military (former or present)|
|The Daily Scholarship||none|
|The Graduate Programs Pre-Grad Scholarship||none given||For current undergrads or recent grads thinking about graduate school; must agree to receive email from the website and its partners|
|Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award||none given|
Financial Aid Office