BW Women's Basketball One of the Best in All of Division III
The Yellow Jackets have been no stranger
to cutting down nets over the past 16 years.
A Timeline of Success...
- Set school-record for wins (16)
- Set school-record for OAC wins (11)
- Reset school-record for wins (18)
- First OAC Tournament Championship Appearance
- First trip to the NCAA Division III National Tournament
- Reset school-record for wins (23) and posted first 20+ win season
- Reset school-record for OAC wins (16)
- Second straight trip to the OAC Title Game and NCAA Tournament
- Tied school-record for wins (23)
- Third straight trip to the OAC Championship
- Defeated Hope (Mich.) for first NCAA Tournament win
- First #1 National Ranking in school history
- First OAC Championship with a 54-51 win over Capital
- Reset school-records for overall (26) and OAC (17) wins
- Set school-record for wins (28)
- Set school-record for OAC wins with a perfect 18-0 mark
- Defeated Capital 70-66 for second straight OAC Tournament Title
- Defeated Calvin (Mich.) and Wilmington to advance to the "Elite Eight"
- Earned #2 spot in final national rankings
- Defeated Mount Union 73-66 for third straight league title
- Defeated Defiance 82-63 to avenge a 1996 NCAA Tournament loss
- Defeated Hardin-Simmons (Texas) to advance to "Sweet 16"
- Hosted first ever "Elite Eight" game in Berea
- Defeated defending National Champion Wilmington in OAC Title game
- Advanced to NCAA Division III Tournament for eighth time in 10 years
- Won OAC regular season title and received bid to NCAA Tournament
- Defeated SUNY-Oswego, William Smith (N.Y.) and Williams (Mass.) to advance to third "Elite Eight"
- Defeated Wilmington in the OAC Tournament Championship game
- Advanced to second round of the NCAA Tournament with a win over D'Youville (N.Y.)
- Advanced to second round of the NCAA Tournament with a win over Pitt-Greensburg
|"We are extremely pleased with the success that our women's basketball program has enjoyed. Our ultimate goal is to win the NCAA Division III National Championship. We are committed to making that happen and will continue to work hard to make that possibility a reality." - Head Coach Cheri Harrer|