1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

  • BW Baldwin Wallace College



Get The Credit You Deserve

BW Online Transfer Guide


BW's online transfer guide shows how courses transfer from more than 50 area colleges and universities. 

BW Online Transfer Guide 

How do transfer credits apply to a BW degree? 

Courses transferred from other colleges or universities may count directly toward your major or minor, core requirements, or electives -- all are valuable credit toward the minimum 124 credits needed to graduate.  All college-level courses with a grade of C or better that are completed at an approved regionally accredited college or university will transfer to Baldwin Wallace, given that they fall within the academic scope and level of BW's programs.  Grades of C- or below do not transfer. 

How much credit may transfer to BW? 

To earn your BW degree, you must complete a minimum of 124 semester hours of coursework.  There is no limit on the number of hours that may be transferred from four-year colleges and universities; however, the last 32 semester hours of your degree must be earned at Baldwin Wallace University.  A maximum of 62 semester hours may transfer from two-year or community colleges.  There is a limit on how much credit may transfer in some academic areas as determined by the BW faculty, such as engineering or other technical areas.

Are there time limits on college courses? 

Most courses have no time limit on how old they may be to qualify for transfer.  However, some areas are more time sensitive, such as accounting, computer science, education, and psychology.  The Registration and Records Office will evaluate these courses in terms of subject, grade and year taken. 

Will my grade point average from a previous college/university transfer? 

No, only your credit hours will transfer. When you enroll at Baldwin Wallace University, you will establish a new BW grade point average.


What if my college is not listed on BW's Online Transfer Guide?

Students also transfer credits from many other accredited schools that may not be included in this online guide.

Accreditation - does my school have the accreditations that BW requires for my courses to transfer?

Baldwin Wallace University considers transfer credit for courses taken at colleges and universities that are accredited by one of the following Regional Institutional Accrediting Organizations:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education (MSA-CHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CIHE)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions (NEASC-CTCI)
  • Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges, The Higher Learning Commission (NCA-HLC)
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACCJC)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities (WASC-ACCSCU)

Does BW have any special transfer agreements with Two-Year Colleges? 

Baldwin Wallace University has established a number of transfer partnerships to ensure maximum transfer credit from regionally accredited two-year colleges.

  • Associate to Bachelor (A2BW) Programs -- If you've earned an associate's degree from a regionally accredited Ohio school within the last ten years, we've got great news for you! The A2BW Transfer Program brings in maximum credit from your associate's degree and gives you a streamlined plan for completing your bachelor's degree from Baldwin Wallace. Available for most majors and minors.
  • TriC Dual Admission Program - Gain admission to Baldwin Wallace University while you are still enrolled and attending classes at Cuyahoga Community College!