1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

  • BW Baldwin Wallace College

How to Apply

Adult & Transfer Students



Baldwin Wallace University has a rolling admission policy.  You will be notified of a decision approximately two weeks after all required application information and forms are received by the Admission Office.
The Admission Committee may request additional information from any applicant to assist in the decision process.

Please read the steps below that outline the application process then apply for admission.  We look forward to working with you!

Step 1 - Apply

   APPLY ONLINE - Adult and Transfer Students
        ($25 Application fee is waived)

   Download Application
(Print a copy of the application)

Other Applications for:

Nursing - Accelerated BSN Students

Post-Baccalaureate Students

Quick Start Students

Step 2 - Official College Transcripts

Please submit ALL official college/university transcripts. To be considered official, transcript must be mailed directly from the college/university.   Transcript Request Form

Step 3 - Recommendation

Using the online Recommendation Form, provide one personal or professional recommendation from a professor, employer or someone who is familiar with your goals and abilities as they relate to successfully pursuing a college academic program.  A direct link to the form is www.bw.edu/recommendation

If preferred, a paper version of the Recommendation Form is also available.   

If you have been out of high school
less than 5 years:

Step 4 - High School Transcript

If you have been out of high school less than five years, or if you have completed less than 25 transferable semester hours of college/university coursework you must submit your high school transcript directly from your high school or your official GED if you did not finish high school.

High School Transcript Request Form

GED Transcript Request Form

Step 5 - ACT or SAT Scores

If it has been five years or more since you graduated from high school, ACT/SAT scores are not normally a part of the application process.  However, if you would like ACT/SAT scores to be included, please submit official scores.  Scores listed on an official high school transcript are acceptable.   

Step 6 - Office of Student Affairs/Judicial Affairs Form

The Office of Student Affairs/Judicial Affairs Form is required ONLY if you meet the following criteria:  

  • You are currently enrolled or have been enrolled as a full-time student within the last academic year; and
  • The college/university attended is a four-year residential campus. 

The Student Affairs/Judicial Affairs form is available online at www.bw.edu/studentaffairs-form.

If preferred, a paper version of the form is also available.

Other Information

Conservatory Supplement

If you are applying for admission as a Conservatory of Music student, you must also complete the downloadable Conservatory Supplement. There is a $75 audition fee.  All materials must be received no later than two weeks before your scheduled audition date.

Military Information

Honorably discharged veterans receive up to 25 transfer credits for their military training and experience. Submit your DD Form 214 and any military transcripts detailing your training and education to the Office of Admission. Baldwin Wallace University will review these records for possible college credit.

Additional Supporting Information

While not required, an admission interview, copy of a resume, written personal statement, and list of training workshops and seminars are examples of additional information that may help us get to know you better during the admission process. 


All applications and credentials submitted for admission consideration become the property of Baldwin Wallace University when they are submitted, and will not be returned in original or copy form.