1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
  3. Skip to sidebar

  • BW Baldwin Wallace College


transient students

Be our guest


Transient enrollment allows students from another college or university to enroll at BW for one semester, with the purpose of transferring that coursework back to their home institution. 

Students often apply to BW as a Transient Student when they are home for the summer and want to take a course or two that will count toward their college degree.  Sometimes students will be drawn to a specific BW course that isn't offered at their own college or university. Or you may find an online course offered through BW that you'd like to take as a Transient Student and incorporate it into your college degree elsewhere.  Whatever the reason, a BW admission counselor will be happy to work with you.

Transient Application and Enrollment Process

The Transient Application is easy to complete -- it's just one page. No application fee is required. The Request for Verification of Enrollment Form (attached to the back cover of the application) should be completed by the Registrar at the college or university where you are currently enrolled.  

Transient students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 and be considered in good academic standing at their home institution.  If you have been placed on probation, suspension or dismissed by a college or university, that information must be disclosed for consideration by the Admission Committee.

Here's the Fine Print ...

  • Transient student enrollment is intended for just one semester.  If you wish to continue as a transient student, you must reapply each term. 
  • Course prerequisites must be met.  An admission counselor may ask you to submit transcripts of your previous college work to make sure you have met BW's prerequisites for a course. 
  • Financial Assistance - As a Transient student, you are considered a non-degree student at Baldwin Wallace, and therefore you will not eligible for federal, state and college financial aid.  Transient students may participate in BW's TRPP program, which allows students who receive tuition benefits from their employer to pay their tuition at the end of the semester.