- About 30% of our freshmen rank in the top ten percent of their graduating class, while 60% rank in the top quarter.
- More than 90% of our graduates find employment or enter the graduate school of their choice within six to nine months of graduation.
- At least two-thirds of BW students attend graduate school in their lifetime including some of the world's most prestigious institutions.
- Annually, approximately 400 BW students gain valuable practical experience through field experiences and internships.
- Each year, BW students contribute more than 5,000 hours of service to the Greater Cleveland area through our Community Outreach programs.
- Our Riemenschneider Bach Institute is one of only five institutions in North and South America containing manuscripts written in Bach's own hand.
- Since our founding in 1845, BW has prided itself on being one of the first colleges to admit students without regard to race or gender, a spirit of inclusiveness which continues today.
- Ernsthausen Hall is the first college residence hall in Ohio to use environmentally-friendly geothermal technology for heating and cooling.
- Neuroscience program: Since inception in 1998, 100% of its students who have applied have been accepted into graduate programs or medical school.
- Music Theatre program: Ranked among the top ten in the country by Backstage, the industry's professional journal.
- BW Education students pass the Praxis II exam, required for initial licensure in Ohio, at rates higher than the state average.