Students enrolled in ROTC programs are eligible to receive a Room and Board waiver from Baldwin Wallace University. Students need to follow the guidelines outlined below:
- Contact the ROTC Recruiter or visit the ROTC website for the armed forces branch you are interested in pursuing. Be sure to research scholarship deadlines, enrollment dates, time requirements, and location of each program. Students at Baldwin Wallace University attend ROTC programs at Kent State University (USAF) and John Carroll University (Army).
- Apply to the Baldwin Wallace University by completing the online application for admission or the Common Application.
- Students who enroll at Baldwin Wallace University, must provide the Bursar’s Office official verification of enrollment in the ROTC program at the beginning and end of each semester for up to four years.
- When the documentation verifying enrollment is received, the Bursar will credit the student with a Room and Board waiver which is reflected in your financial aid package.
- Students participating in the ROTC Program are eligible to receive a BW Room and Board waiver for up to four academic years (eight semesters) while enrolled full-time at BW. If the student does NOT receive a ROTC Scholarship, the student will be eligible to keep the higher valued award or either the award(s) the student receives at the time of admission OR BW Room and Board waiver. Students may also apply for other need-based financial assistance by completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as well as receive any additional external scholarships.
Students can transfer college credit to Baldwin Wallace University upon successful completion of the following coursework:
Air Force ROTC Equivalencies
Course name Transfer Course Name Transfer Course Title
LDR-STU AF 301 Leadership Studies I
LDR-STU AF 302 Leadership Studies II
LDR-STU MSC 201 Team Leadership I
LDR-STU MSC 202 Team Leadership II
PE131 MS 131 Advanced Physical Conditioning
PE133 MS 133 Advanced Leadership in Physical Training
Transfer students abide by the same policy as traditional freshmen and are eligible to receive the room and board waiver for up to four years.