Mission and Goals
In keeping with the liberal arts tradition at Baldwin Wallace University, the interdisciplinary Neuroscience Program provides our students with an opportunity to explore another dimension of our humanity - the chemical and biological substrate of all our mental and behavioral faculties.
The program is designed to:
- Provide our students with knowledge, skills, and experiences relevant to the study of the brain;
- Develop skills in neuroscience methods, data acquisition and the presentation of scientific findings;
- Teach students to think beyond single-discipline borders when they attempt to solve scientific problems;
- Encourage students specializing in different traditional disciplines to develop the communicative and social skills required to work together, in teams, on complex scientific problems, and;
- Encourage scientific creativity and independent research.