Office of Admission
Durst Welcome Center
Students enrolled at CWRU's Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (MSASS) may earn the social work license by enrolling in approved graduate education courses at BW.
- EDU-510 Educational Studies
- EDU-584 Pupil Services and Community Resources
- EDU-573 Education of Children with Special Needs
School Social Work Program
Professional school social workers play a vital role in helping school children of all ages. School social workers serve as liaisons between the home, the school and the community, possessing unique interdisciplinary knowledge and contributing to programs designed for at-risk students. School social workers assess the needs of school children in a variety of traditional and nontraditional educational settings, design and implement interventions and make referrals to other professionals and agencies as needed.
Enrolling at Baldwin Wallace University as Part of the School Social Work License
- Complete BW’s Online Application for Admission to the Graduate Education program. Select CWRU School Social Work as your program of interest. As a School Social Work student, Baldwin Wallace does not require that you submit official transcripts or recommendation forms as is required for candidates seeking the Master of Arts in Education degree. You will however, need to be approved by CWRU MSASS as a candidate who is eligible for enrollment in the graduate education courses needed for the School Social Work License.
- Print the BW School Social Work Verification Form. This form assures that you have met the eligibility requirements set by the CWRU Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences Program to pursue a School Social Work license. Take this form to MSASS Student Services for signature approval from MSASS. This form must be signed by Sarah Andrews, Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs and Coordinator of School Social Work or Debra Fields, MSASS Registrar.
- Return the BW School Social Work Verification Form to the BW Admission Office. Baldwin Wallace University will accept a faxed copy of the application only when it is faxed from the MSASS Registrar.
- Once you have been approved for enrollment by the BW Admission Office, contact Cathy Cross in the BW Education Division for assistance in class registration at (440) 826-8582 or firstname.lastname@example.org