Master of Arts in Education

Master of Arts in Education
Janna Whitaker, Sr. Asst. Director or Admission
Office of Admission
102 Bonds Hall
(440) 826-8012
(440) 826-2054 (fax)

Race To The Top

Baldwin Wallace University is partnering with the Cleveland Metropolitan School District to offer approved teachers a fully funded opportunity to earn the Intervention Specialist license.

This program is not currently accepting new students.


Application Instructions  

CMSD Educators for Intervention Specialist License

Candidates for admission are selected based on their academic preparation for a master's level program; relevant work, community and teaching experience with children and young adults; recommendations from professionals in the field; and personal dispositions/attributes that support success in an education career.  An admission counselor will work with you throughout the application process. Applicants may not have a criminal record.

All application materials should be submitted to:

Admission Office
Baldwin Wallace University
275 Eastland Road
Berea OH 44017
Fax: (440) 826-2054

Required Application Materials


Apply onlineThere is no application fee for online applications. 
You may also print a copy of the application to complete by hand, if preferred. 

College/University Transcripts

Print transcript request forms 
Official copies of ALL undergraduate and graduate college/university transcripts must be mailed directly from each college/university you attended to the BW Admission Office, including courses that may be recorded on another school's transcript. All coursework attempted is part of your academic record and considered in the application process, even if that coursework is no longer consistent with your academic goals. The Admission Committee recommends a GPA of 2.75 or above. In limited cases, the Admission Committee may request that candidates take the Miller's Analogies Test and submit official results if the qualifying GPA is less than 2.75. 


Print recommendation form 
One recommendation from principals, supervisors, teachers or other persons qualified to evaluate your background and potential to pursue a program of graduate study. 

Teaching Certificate or License

Once your application has been submitted, the Admission Committee will check with the Ohio Department of Education to verify each applicant's certificate or licensure history.

Share |