HPE Wellness Core
The goal of the HPE Core is to provide opportunity and encourage students (1) to develop and lead healthy, active lives, assuming lifespan responsibility for personal health, fitness, and worthy use of leisure and/or (2) to become knowledgeable, proactive citizens in dealing with issues and policies related to individual, family, and community health, fitness, and wellness.
- The development of essential knowledge in health and wellness issues especially as it may relate to leadership and advocacy for healthy lifestyles for individuals, families, and communities now and in the future.
- The development of knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values related to achieving and maintaining optimal levels of physical fitness and personal wellness.
- The development of motor abilities that contribute to skill, proficiency, ease, and grace in the control of one's body.
- The development of worthy leisure-time recreational habits, skills, and attitudes.
- The development of an appreciation of the art and science of human movement both- as a participant and as a spectator.