BRIDGE to YOUR College Success
BW Jacket Link/Bridge
August 16 - 19 followed by Week of Welcome
Quotes from Current JLB Students
"I enjoyed learning about successful ways to transition and how to be a good first-year student"
"The financial-aid session was helpful because I was unaware of some of the information"
"My favorite part about the JLB summer session was participating in the peer mentor debriefs and the field trip to University Circle"
CLICK FOR THE
A resource that includes
helpful tips and suggestions for
parents and families of first-year college students
JACKET LINK: A BRIDGE to Student Success
By participating in Jacket Link/Bridge during the summer and beyond, students will:
- Move in early and get acquainted with the campus (Monday prior to W.O.W.)
- Receive student employment on campus for the fall term (renewable for spring term based on work performance during the fall)
- Get priority registration
- Receive a textbook voucher at the close of the summer portion of the program to be used towards the cost of one (1) textbook or school supplies purchased in the BW Bookstore
- Meet faculty, staff, and peer mentors before classes begin
- Develop social connections by making friends early
- Engage in social/cultural events
- Get free BW Apparel
- Gain an edge over other incoming freshman with early access and exposure to campus life and resources
- Receive individualized academic support throughout the first year